Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lovely Links (May 2013)

Lovely Links May 2013 | coppertopkitchen.blogspot.com

1. Our flight was delayed out of O'Hare at the beginning of the month, and walking around we discovered this big urban garden! So cool!
2. My good friend from high school hosted a New Orleans-style shrimp boil. Eating food out of a tarp has never been so good.
3. Mother's Day brunch; crab cakes benedict.
4. My sister-in-law graduated from Notre Dame! Congratulations, Caiti!!
5. Peonies are back in season! They are my favorite!!! This photo looks like a painting, I think.
6. "Hey, Pappi... what's on your face?"

The State Theatre in my hometown, Traverse City, Michigan, was listed among the top ten movie theaters in the world! TC 4 EVER!

Rhubarb frenzy is in full swing; I made these two rhubarb shrubs, and then I took the solids from the cooked one (discard? moi? no thank you) and mixed them into this gelato! I want to make this breakfast cake next.

Loved this post on dressing yourself in story. I'm working to detach myself from things that are unimportant in order to reduce the clutter in my life and home, but some items just hold so much emotion!

Food is so evocative; this post, recreating food eaten while traveling had me itching to hop on a plane and explore. Africa may have to wait, but I am all over halibut cakes.

Has the aesthetic value of food blogs (the photos, cute writing style, frequency of posts) trumped the quality of content and recipes? An interesting read.

A friend of mine from high school wrote a book! It looks awesome and I can't wait to read it to Anne!

Wouldn't this lobster potato salad be perfect to take to an outdoor concert this summer? I'm putting that on my summer bucket list.

Parenting: are Americans doing it wrong?

Bike a Bee! Entrepreneur in Chicago who sets up and maintains hives all over the city... on her bike!

Anne (aka the Modern Mrs. Darcy) has put together an amazing summer reading list. I am so excited to get reading.

Fun, bright summer crafts!! I want to make all the things!

Adding this s'mores ice cream to my to-make list of ice creams. It's getting looooong!

These would make a great fifth wedding anniversary gift (the wood anniversary).

I am looking forward to seeing how this garden tower works out, and I'm desperate to try the homemade recipe for gardener's salve!

Happy June, everyone! Happy summer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment