Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Garden Update (5/29/13)

Lots of rain lately = less trips up the stairs with a baby and two 2-gallon watering cans. Feeling thankful. I gave everyone on the roof a fish/kelp/bat guano/worm casting liquid plant food today. That was the first time I've fertilized at all (although I started with an organic potting soil that I'm pretty sure came with food in it).

The raspberry bush wasn't supposed to fruit this year, and maybe it won't, but don't these look like little flower blossoms? And aren't flowers just baby fruits? We shall see.

image

Green beans and zucchini:

image

image

Basil that I sowed when I planted this tomato seedling last week are sprouting! I'll wait a couple more weeks and sow seeds in the other tomato pot, in hopes of lengthening my harvest!

image

Carrots!

image

And the most exciting development: the peas are blooming!

image
image



2 comments:

  1. You can also buy murals in outline form, glue them to the doors, and then paint them yourself following the instructions. Kitchen design

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheap swiss copy watches uk, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap ROLEX yacht Mmaster watches uk, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete