Saturday, September 10, 2011

A little note about football


Let me tell you a little something about me.  I studied voice performance and Italian in college.  My dad is the only boy in my immediate family (and I'm counting the dogs, too).  I like pilates and yoga and dance, and have never had any success participating in team sports.  Before I went to college, I didn't understand a single thing in football except for touchdowns.  That makes for a very boring 4 hours.

But I went to the University of Michigan.  My husband went to the University of Notre Dame.  He cared a lot A LOT about football, and so I decided that instead of spending Saturdays by myself, practicing (like some of my other music major colleagues), I would ask him to teach me what the heck was going on so that I could try to be a fan.  It worked!  Now, when he starts checking the Notre Dame fan page in anticipation - in June - I can go there along with him.  I think it's OK that I lose interest about 4 games into the season.  At least my heart is in the right place.

The point is, I'm actually very very excited about this game tonight.  I'm excited to see both teams' new uniforms.  Football has become one of the things I love about fall.

Today, though, I am on Notre Dame's campus, even more excited to celebrate the wedding of some of our dearest friends.  Congratulations to two amazing couples, D&R and M&H!  We love you and wish you the best as you begin your lives together!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. sportbel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jovial you take pride in what you write. It makes you stand way out from many other writers that can not push high-quality content like you. click here

    ReplyDelete