Friday, January 9, 2015

A "The King" Cake for Epiphany

I realized a little late what kind of time commitment an actual king cake is, and then I decided to think outside the box. So I made a cake inspired by The King...



...of Rock and Roll. Elvis.

Elvis is reported to have loved a peanut butter-banana-and-bacon sandwich, so I make a banana cake with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon on the top. It was intense.

I have no recipe, since I am apparently the world's worst food blogger, but I have a photo, and if you are so inclined, I invite you to Google some recipes and go crazy. :-)

IMG_0455

The Magi from our nativity scene brought the three last gifts of Christmas, which was pretty fun.

IMG_0477

IMG_0469

12 days of feasting is a lot of feasting, especially if you end up sharing three different Christmas dinners. We were feeling pretty feasted out by the end. Trying to work out a way to feast without making myself feel slightly sick next year...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us. rice I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.

    ReplyDelete