Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lovely Links (February 2013)

February 2013 Favorites

1. Playtime just got a lot more interesting. For both of us.
2. SEEEEEEEEDS!
3. Each homemade loaf is unique, and so beautiful!
4. Gorgeous blue sky on a Sunday morning.
5. My husband wanted to know why I bought dead branches. (They're forsythia, and they're already starting to bloom!)
6. Four inch-deep puddles of nasty slush = the exact reason why I bought waterPROOF, not water-resistant boots. ICK!

We made it through February, the longest shortest month of the year! Go us! Spring is right around the corner. Here are some of the best things I came across online this month:

I keep coming across reminders to stop trying to be the perfect mother; to be instead the mother that my child needs, the best mother I can be.

ALMOND JOY BUTTER!

You know those super-convenient baby food puree packages with the spout? Here's a reusable version (perfect if you're into making your own!).

My love for simple everyday cakes is no secret, but I never think to bake with grapes! This grape, almond, and olive oil cake looks so lovely.

Every time I read the words "does well in containers" I get so excited to plant!!! And a tiny purple flower? Sign me up. Also, this podcast by Margaret Roach about conquering seed-starting fear is really great; I have already listened to it twice, and may listen to it a few more times just to calm my anxiety about this brave new world I'm embarking upon.

Add this to the long list of things I'm looking forward to this summer: Iced Coconut Water Americano.

Tiny ice ornaments! Just the thing to brighten up a dreary landscape!

The way to my heart is paved with Sambuca Kisses. From the new Nigella Lawson book, Nigellissima.

I may never participate in fantasy football, but you best believe I'm excited for FANTASY CONCLAVE Y'ALL.

I've been seeing recipes for hamantaschen lately, which made me want to learn about Purim.

The lifecycle of a garden tomato, in chalk! So cute, and makes me so excited to start my seeds.

A life-changing loaf of bread-that's-not-really-bread? I am intrigued.

Do we need to stop telling lies on Facebook? I don't know. If I'm going to share something, I'm not just going to kvetch about the minor discomforts of my very-comfortable life; not unless I have some insight to share about how I'm dealing with it. I'd rather share something uplifting, something positive. Is that lying by omission? I don't think so. Nobody ever said I had to share each moment of my life on Facebook, and I prefer a little bit of spin, a filter.

I wonder how many more times I will see a drool-worthy recipe for popovers before I will finally succumb to one. more. single-use pan.

A beautiful video about an artist couple who make gorgeous handmade paper lanterns, and thoughts on the intersection of life and art.

When I saw this gorgeous recipe for blood orange margaritas, I wasn't feeling like booze, so I just combined the blood orange and lime juice with a little sugar and sparkling water enjoyed it while I watched the Oscars.

I wish I could gift-wrap this kitchen and give it to Meg for her birthday.

Coconut soup seems to be trending.

Tiny money origami for the inside of a birthday card! MUST DO THIS!












1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I can hear him saying "dead branches" oh coppertop guy...

    ReplyDelete