Monday, June 13, 2011

So much to do...

Since I've spent the last 5 days traveling to a family reunion in Ohio, and since my camera fell out of my pocket and broke while I was riding a roller coaster on Thursday (I have it, but it's pretty busted up, missing some pieces, and won't turn on), I haven't been cooking and I have no photos to share.  So I will share a list with you of things that are making me happy and inspired these days:

  • The series of photo posts called "Notes on Italy" by Brian at The Blue Hour, starting with this one.
  • Asparagus, still.
  • This book that I just finished, and this one that I just started.
  • These three books that are on their way to me from Amazon, and this one that is waiting to be picked up at the library.
  • Planning my garden, and dreaming about the ripe juicy tomatoes I'll be eating next month.
  • The heirloom bean sampler and cookbook from Rancho Gordo that is headed my way via UPS.
  • I can't wait to try this recipe, for trail mix bars,
  • And this one for chocolate cake, which I already told you about,
  • and these two summery drinks!
This week my goals are to finish unpacking the apartment, get all the living room furniture we need (couch, chairs, TV stand), and get my garden planted.  The garden planning is giving me butterflies!  I hope it all works out, but I am definitely nervous.  It's a good, hopeful kind of nervousness, though.  It's just that it feels like a big leap from a few healthy houseplants to a few healthy edible outdoor plants.  OK, actually, when I put it like that, it doesn't seem so big at all.  I just have to narrow down exactly which plants I want so that I don't end up with more than I can handle. 

*deep breaths*


I took this with my phone as we were driving through Indiana on our way home.  I love summer sunsets.

1 comment: